poisoning

now browsing by tag

 
 

Wrongful Death Claim Filed Against Car Dealer after Man Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Justice on Wooden Piece Arranged by BusinessmanFollowing the death of a man due to carbon monoxide poisoning, his estate administrator has filed a wrongful death claim against Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside, Illinois.

According to the complaint filed by Kevin O’Rourke on behalf of Phillip Osborne’s estate, Osborne died in May 2015 after he took his car to Autobarn Volkswagen for repair.

The plaintiff alleges that the defendant failed to inform Osborne that his vehicle was releasing carbon monoxide into the passenger compartment, and then allowed him to travel back in the unsafe vehicle.

The plaintiff is seeking $50,000 in addition to the court costs.

Family Files Wrongful Death Suit after Child Killed by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

courtroomThe family of 11-year-old Jeffrey Williams who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the Best Western hotel in Boone, North Carolina, has filed a wrongful death suit.

William died of carbon monoxide poisoning on June 8, 2013 when he and his mother were staying in a room that was directly above the hotel’s indoor heated pool. Investigation revealed that carbon monoxide from the pool heater entered into the room due to an equipment malfunction.

The lawsuit, filed in Mecklenburg County, names 19 parties, including the Town of Boone, Best Western International and the hotel operator.