now browsing by tag
Karnamaya Mongar, 41, died at ‘The Women’s Medical Society’ due to drug-overdose. The investigating Grand Jury regarded the business as a ‘House of Horrors’ due to unsterilized medical utensils, unlicensed anesthesia administers, blood on the equipment and floor and dismembered bodies of babies kept in jars, and convicted Abortionist Kermit Gosnell of involuntary manslaughter.
Recently, the victim’s daughter Yashoda Devi Gurung has been awarded $3.25 million in punitive damages and $650,000 in compensatory damages.
According to Dennis and Katie Stiner, one of their son’s classmates bought the Hard Rhino caffeine powder from Amazon. Their son consumed the powder and was later found dead in the family home. The doctors concluded that his death was caused due to “cardiac arrhythmia and seizure caused by acute caffeine toxicity.”
As per the consumer advocacy site CaffeineInformer, there are more than 4700 milligrams of caffeine in a teaspoon of the Hard Rhino powder while a standard 16-oz coffee cup contains only around 320 milligrams.
Logan’s parents alleged that even though the Hard Rhino label says the powder “can be dangerous if abused” and “failure to follow safety guidelines can result in serious injury or death”, the product label does not provide any specific instructions on how to use it properly.
The lawsuit does not only name Logan’s classmate who bought the powder from Amazon and the company that packages the Hard Rhino powder, but also seeks compensation from the online retailer Amazon.