now browsing by tag
The Hawker 125-700 plane went down on November 10th while it was attempting to land at Akron Fulton International Airport in Summit County, Ohio. There were nine people aboard at the time, including the pilot, the co-pilot, and seven passengers; all of them were killed in the crash.
The lawsuit filed by Diana’s husband Joel Castillo said that Rais Group International, that owned the plane, as well as ExecuFlight Inc., that leased it from the owner, allowed the pilots to fly the plane with defective equipment. It further alleges that the pilots did not have proper licenses and operated the aircraft at a dangerously low altitude that made the landing difficult.
The family of 18-year-old Abraham Pishevar who was killed in a plane crash last year has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the estate of the student pilot, the plane’s owner, and a fraternity at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
The Cessna 172R crashed minutes after taking off from Cuyahoga County Airport, Ohio, on August 25, 2014.
According to the lawsuit, the nighttime flight that Pishevar boarded along with three other students was a part of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity’s recruitment drive. The suit alleges that the flight club failed to inspect the aircraft properly before allowing it to take off and says 19-year-old William Felten should have known that he was not capable of piloting the plane safely.
The lawsuit has been filed in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court and is seeking at least $75,000 in damages.
According to the lawsuit, Bruce Phipps, 56, was killed due to negligence of companies that were involved in operating the Eureka-Hunter Pipeline, LLC Twin Hickory pig launching and receiving station.
The lawsuit named Eureka-Hunter Pipeline, LLC, Transtex Hunter, LLC, Apex Pipeline Services, Inc., Triad Hunter, LLC, Exterran Energy Solutions, LP, Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation and Western Oilfields Supply Company, Inc. dba Rain For Rent as defendants.
According to Dennis and Katie Stiner, one of their son’s classmates bought the Hard Rhino caffeine powder from Amazon. Their son consumed the powder and was later found dead in the family home. The doctors concluded that his death was caused due to “cardiac arrhythmia and seizure caused by acute caffeine toxicity.”
As per the consumer advocacy site CaffeineInformer, there are more than 4700 milligrams of caffeine in a teaspoon of the Hard Rhino powder while a standard 16-oz coffee cup contains only around 320 milligrams.
Logan’s parents alleged that even though the Hard Rhino label says the powder “can be dangerous if abused” and “failure to follow safety guidelines can result in serious injury or death”, the product label does not provide any specific instructions on how to use it properly.
The lawsuit does not only name Logan’s classmate who bought the powder from Amazon and the company that packages the Hard Rhino powder, but also seeks compensation from the online retailer Amazon.