now browsing by tag
The father of Johnathan Taylor, who was killed on June 28, 2014 at Hunting Ridge Road, North Raleigh in North Carolina, while driving drunk, has sued the businesses who served and supplied alcohol at the wedding party Johnathan had attended before the crash.
Johnathan, 18, who was a fresh graduate, was returning from a wedding party held at physician Charles Matthews’s home, when his car smashed into a tree.
The wrongful- death lawsuit was filed by the Taylors against “Ridgewood Wine & Beer”, the company that supplied alcohol at the party, and “Parizade”, a Durham caterer and restaurant, that served alcohol at the party. The Wake County ABC Board is also being sued for selling alcohol to underage, as the Taylors claim Johnathan had visited ABC store at Cameron Village before the party.
William died of carbon monoxide poisoning on June 8, 2013 when he and his mother were staying in a room that was directly above the hotel’s indoor heated pool. Investigation revealed that carbon monoxide from the pool heater entered into the room due to an equipment malfunction.
The lawsuit, filed in Mecklenburg County, names 19 parties, including the Town of Boone, Best Western International and the hotel operator.