infection

now browsing by tag

 
 

Family Sues Nightclub after Man Dies of Flesh-Eating Infection

Justice scale on blue backgroundThe family of the man who died from an infection caused after a fight outside a San Diego nightclub has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.

Conner Kepple, 21, entered into a fight with nightclub employees after he was kicked out of the club for hitting a bouncer.

He later developed fast-spreading necrotizing fasciitis in an injured leg and died about a week after the fight.

The prosecutors have said they will not file criminal charges.

Family Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against California Restaurant

Justice scale on blue backgroundFollowing the death of 61-year-old Larry Sacknoff, his family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against fine-dining establishment Redd in Yountville, California.

The former television sportscaster died in August of 2014 due to complications from an infection caused by bacteria found in marine environments.

According to the lawsuit, Sacknoff dined for one year at the dining establishment owned by chef Richard Reddington before his death. In July 2013, he and his friends suffered symptoms of food poisoning after eating undercooked scallops at the restaurant. While his friends recovered from the illness, he could not fully recover and died in 2014.

The family had also filed a complaint against Redd in August 2013, shortly after Sacknoff’s illness. In response to the complaint, the health inspectors inspected the facility and found out that the scallops were being served between 108 and 132 degrees while the proper cooking temperature is 145 degrees.