now browsing by tag
Following the death of a man due to carbon monoxide poisoning, his estate administrator has filed a wrongful death claim against Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside, Illinois.
According to the complaint filed by Kevin O’Rourke on behalf of Phillip Osborne’s estate, Osborne died in May 2015 after he took his car to Autobarn Volkswagen for repair.
The plaintiff alleges that the defendant failed to inform Osborne that his vehicle was releasing carbon monoxide into the passenger compartment, and then allowed him to travel back in the unsafe vehicle.
The plaintiff is seeking $50,000 in addition to the court costs.
Darryl Carr, who was a diabetic, went for a pedicure treatment at AZ Happy Nails Salon in November last year. According to the lawsuit, the salon staff “used contaminated and/or unsafe chemical and/or wax solutions”, soaked his left foot for excessive time and “failed to inquire as to any underlying medical conditions before commencing the procedure.”
The lawsuit, seeking over $50,000, claims that after the treatment, Carr got “serious burns to his left foot and leg, which subsequently became infected, resulting in the amputation of his left foot and leg, and other medical complications that ultimately caused or contributed to his death on June 4, 2015.”