file

now browsing by tag

 
 

Wrongful Death Claim Filed Against Car Dealer after Man Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Justice on Wooden Piece Arranged by BusinessmanFollowing the death of a man due to carbon monoxide poisoning, his estate administrator has filed a wrongful death claim against Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside, Illinois.

According to the complaint filed by Kevin O’Rourke on behalf of Phillip Osborne’s estate, Osborne died in May 2015 after he took his car to Autobarn Volkswagen for repair.

The plaintiff alleges that the defendant failed to inform Osborne that his vehicle was releasing carbon monoxide into the passenger compartment, and then allowed him to travel back in the unsafe vehicle.

The plaintiff is seeking $50,000 in addition to the court costs.

Family Sues Nightclub after Man Dies of Flesh-Eating Infection

Justice scale on blue backgroundThe family of the man who died from an infection caused after a fight outside a San Diego nightclub has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.

Conner Kepple, 21, entered into a fight with nightclub employees after he was kicked out of the club for hitting a bouncer.

He later developed fast-spreading necrotizing fasciitis in an injured leg and died about a week after the fight.

The prosecutors have said they will not file criminal charges.

Parents File Wrongful Death Lawsuit after Girl Chokes on Marshmallow

cropped-Fotolia_72101625_XS.jpgParents of an 11-year-old girl who died after choking on a marshmallow have filed a wrongful death lawsuit.

According to Jason and Iris Estabrooks, their daughter Azriel was attending a birthday party at Raymond and Alison Dugan’s home on April 16th when she ingested a marshmallow that got stuck in her throat. “After suffering the pain and fear of choking and an inability to breath and an inability to speak, Azriel lost consciousness and fell to the ground,” the lawsuit claimed.

She was later taken to hospital where she died on April 21.

The lawsuit accuses the hosts of carelessness and negligence.