brother

now browsing by tag

 
 

Wrongful Death Suit Filed after Worker Died of ‘Toxic Fly Ash’ Inhalation

cropped-Fotolia_72101625_XS.jpgKnoxville attorney Jim Scott has filed a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of widow and brother of Mike Shelton who was killed after being “illegally induced to inhale vast amount of toxic fly ash.”

According to the lawsuit, filed on behalf of the deceased’s widow Angie Shelton and brother Ricky Dean Shelton, Mike developed lung cancer after working with the coal-ash spill cleanup crew at TVA’s Kingston Fossil Plant.

The lawsuit claims that Jacobs Engineering Group’s safety contractors were aware that the fly ash was toxic but they did not take necessary steps to ensure health and safety of the workers.

The plaintiffs are seeking $18 million in compensatory damages and 10% of last year’s revenue as punitive damages.

Family Sues Apartment Owner after Teenager Dies in Fire

Justice scale on blue backgroundThe family of 19-year-old Kristen Milano, who died due to smoke inhalation after another teenager threw a firecracker through her bedroom window, has filed a wrongful death suit.

Eric Morelli, who threw the firecracker, was awarded 7-year prison sentence last month for causing the death of Milano. He said he was hoping to awaken Milano’s brother.

The lawsuit names the apartment owner, the town of Southington and local fire departments as the defendants and claims that the owner showed negligence by not installing window screen despite their continual requests.

The lawsuit was filed at New Britain Superior Court, Connecticut.