Boone

now browsing by tag

 
 

Family Files Wrongful Death Suit after Child Killed by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

courtroomThe family of 11-year-old Jeffrey Williams who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the Best Western hotel in Boone, North Carolina, has filed a wrongful death suit.

William died of carbon monoxide poisoning on June 8, 2013 when he and his mother were staying in a room that was directly above the hotel’s indoor heated pool. Investigation revealed that carbon monoxide from the pool heater entered into the room due to an equipment malfunction.

The lawsuit, filed in Mecklenburg County, names 19 parties, including the Town of Boone, Best Western International and the hotel operator.